Blogger Interview Series | Meet @Nikki_McCaig

Hey Everyone!

In this post as part of the 'Blogger Interview Series' we meet the lovely Nikki from Nikki McCaig 

On Nikki's Beautiful Blog you'll find posts relating to Beauty, Lifestyle and Baking. Nikki is also a Digital Marketing Intern. 

Have a read of Nikki's Interview below and you can find her on Social Media (links Included at the end of the post)

Enjoy Reading...




Q1) Can you tell us a little bit about yourself and your blog?

Hi! I’m Nikki, a 20 year old Film Student, Digital Marketing Assistant and lifestyle blogger! And my blog aka my baby, is my break away from the busy. Generally the content on my blog will be beauty or lifestyle based - reviewing my new favourite skincare product, shooting some outdoorsy look books or talking about the updates in my life, however occasionally there’ll be the odd homeware, baking or mental health post peeking in too! And one of the topics I’m most proud of on my blog is my digital work - where I get to use all the skills I learn in my Digital Marketing job and make them accessible for the blogging community to harness for themselves! 

Q2) How long have you been blogging and when did you start?

My blog started one rainy evening two years ago when I was trying to impress a company I was hoping to intern for. They emailed me, asking if I had ever written a blog post before…and of course, I had to say no. But I also told them to give me a weekend, and I could mock one up and prove myself to them if they gave me the time, and hence the very first branding of NikkiMcCaig.com

Q3) What do you enjoy most about Blogging?

For me, my favourite thing about blogging is the freedom to write whatever I choose. In my job, I’m assigned topics to talk about, and at uni I’m restricted to particular questions and subjects, but on my blog, I have sole control over what gets uploaded. I can choose how long it is, how many photos to include, what style to write it in, and how much effort I put into it. 

Q4) What do you enjoy least about blogging?

I think my least favourite thing about blogging is the pressure and competitiveness you see from social media. I’m constantly comparing my work to other bloggers, and berating myself for not being able to put in as much time and effort and money into my blog posts as some of the bigger bloggers, and it can really dent your confidence. 

Q5) Is there a brand you would love to work with?
In terms of writing about my personal experiences with anxiety, I would love to work with Mind on some of their projects - whether its guest posting, helpful hints or promotion. But for beauty and home, companies like Kiehls, Too Faced, and Oliver Bonas would be amazing to work with, and I can already visualise their posts! 

Q6) Which brand have you enjoyed working with so far?

One of my favourite brands to work for was probably the East Midlands Designer Outlet, as I got the opportunity to travel out to their beautiful shopping centre, and select any items I wanted to blog about. I was given complete creative freedom, I was well compensated for my time, and they were genuinely lovely people to connect with. I would happily work with them again! 

Q7) What advice would you give to a newbie blogger?

I would say, don’t give up because it’s hard. Everyone starts their blog at the exact same point, and time and dedication are the only things that can improve your blog. Even famous bloggers like Zoella, Hannah Maggs, In The Frow started off at the bottom, and look at them now. Use their success as inspiration, rather than a comparison. (This is advice I should probably take myself!)

Q8) Do you have a set time or day set aside to blog or do you just write when the mood takes you?

I definitely have to write when the mood takes me. With three different sectors in my life taking up the vast majority of my life, blogging comes and goes depending on whenever I have a free hour. Whether it’s whipping up a quick review during a slow lecture, tapping out some notes on the bus, or finding a whole day (if i’m lucky) to take some bulk photos, for now, blogging has to fit around my other priorities. 

Q9) What is your Fave Social Media Platform?

At the moment, probably Twitter! Since downloading the app, I’m addicted! I think I’m past the point of seeing Facebook as a social media platform, so Twitter is my new way to connect. I’m definitely less self conscious on Twitter, as most of ‘rl’ friends don’t use it, and I can be as cringey or as girly as I like! 

Q10) Which types of Blog Posts do you enjoy reading? 

Currently I’m all about the homeware. Having just moved into a new house, I’m always on the hunt for new ideas of how to make it that cosy, productive space I read about online, and any blog post inspiration can help! But if not homeware, then I do have a secret guilty pleasure in reading Mummy Blogs, despite having no children or unborn children about me, I just find them adorable! 

You can Find Nikki on:


For all Enquiries, Contact Nikki at: nikki.j.mccaig@gmail.com 

Hope you enjoyed reading the Interview and follow Nikki on Social Media. If you fancy featuring in a future post, feel free to drop me a line at: Caledoniankblog@yahoo.co.uk 

See you in the next post....